Our American Standard HVAC products are backed by a limited warranty that covers parts as a result of manufacturing defects. All repairs of Products covered under this limited warranty must be made with authorized service parts and by a licensed service provider like Family Home Improvements.
The following items are required in order for the Product(s) to be covered under this limited warranty:
- The product(s) must be in the same location where they were originally installed.
- The product(s) must be properly installed, operated, and maintained by a licensed HVAC service provider in accordance with the Product specifications or
installation, operation, and maintenance instructions provided by the company with each product. Failure to conform to such specification and/or installation, operation, and maintenance instructions shall void this limited warranty.
- Companies may request written documentation showing the proper preventative maintenance.
- All product parts replaced by the company under this limited warranty must be given to the servicing provider for return to the company.
- Air handler, air conditioner, heat pumps, cased or uncased coils, stand-alone furnaces, and packaged units must be part of an Air Conditioning, Heating, and
Refrigeration Institute rated and matched system or a specification in a company-provided bulletin
- All claims under this limited warranty must be filed within 90 days of failure date.
The following are not covered by this limited warranty:
- Labor costs, including, but not limited to, costs for diagnostic calls or the removal and reinstallation of products and /or product parts.
- Shipping and freight expenses required to ship product replacement parts.
- Failures, defects, or damage (including, but not limited to, any loss of data or property) caused by:
- Any third-party product, service, or system connected or used in conjunction with the product(s);
- Any use that is not designed or intended for the product(s);
- Modification, alteration, abuse, misuse, negligence, or accident;
- Improper storage, installation, maintenance, or operation including, but not limited to, operation of electrical equipment at voltages other than the range specified on the product nameplate;
- Any use in violation of the written instructions or specifications provided by the company;
- Any acts of God including, but not limited to, fire, water, storms, lightning, or earthquakes, or any theft or riots;
- A corrosive atmosphere or contact with corrosive material such as, but not limited to, chlorine, fluorine, salt, sulfur, recycled wastewater, urine, fertilizers, rust, or other damaging substances or chemicals.
- Products purchased direct including, but not limited to, Internet, or auction purchases and purchases made on an uninstalled basis.
- Cabinets or cabinet pieces that do not affect Product performance, air filters, refrigerant, refrigerant line sets, belts, wiring, fuses, surge protection devices, non-factory installed driers, and Product accessories.
- Increased utility usage costs.
- Replacement parts required to convert Product(s) from R-410A refrigerant to any other refrigerant.
- Use of alternate, contaminated, counterfeit, non-manufacturer approved refrigerants, and/or non-approved refrigerant additives including, but not limited to, dyes will void this warranty.
- Liquid line filter drier must be replaced when a compressor replacement is necessary. A suction-line filter drier must be added for compressor failures defined as burnouts and failure to do so will void this limited warranty
Family Home Improvements
Your HVAC should work to perfection when installed; however, if it has any defects, then you can have peace of mind knowing it’s backed with a warranty. If you’d like to learn more about our warranties or have any questions, give us a call at (562) 464-0684 or click here.