Replacing your roof is a big investment, however, with Family Home Improvements, you can feel confident when replacing your roof because it’s backed with a great warranty.
Owens Corning Standard Coverage
All of our Owens Corning roofs come with a lifetime warranty length with coverage for shingles and all Owens Corning Components. Each warranty starts with a TRU PROtection® Period during the initial years where coverage includes labor cost to repair/replace defective materials. You get this coverage for the first 10 years. All the coverages this warranty includes are:
- TRU PROtection® Period [First 10 years] – Coverage includes labor cost to repair/replace defective materials.
- Materials Only Coverage [After 10 years] – After the TRU PROtection® Period is over, warranty compensation is for materials only. The compensation is reduced based on the number of years you’ve enjoyed your roof from the installation date through the date of your claim.
- Blow Off Coverage [First 15 years] – After your shingles have achieved thermal sealing they will be covered if they experience blow-offs or wind damage in winds (including gusts) for the wind speed listed for the period from the original installation date.
- StreakGuard™ Algae Resistance [First 10 years] – Warranty length following the date of installation against brown-black staining caused by the growth of cyanobacteria Gloeocapsa magma algae.
What is Not Covered
Our warranty does not cover damage to the Owens Corning® Roofing Shingles and Components products due to any cause not expressly covered in this warranty. This warranty does not cover any problems with non-defective roofing products caused by conditions or handling beyond our control. Some examples of conditions not covered by this warranty include:
- Acts of God, such as hail, strong storms or winds (including gusts) over the maximum wind speed listed in the “Limited Warranty Information Table” at the end of this warranty, ice damming above the area covered by leak barriers or flashings, or snow or water infiltration through exhaust vents.
- Roof damage or leaks caused by pre-existing conditions, underlying roofing materials, underlying structural failures, settlement, or any defective areas on or near the roof that are not part of the Roofing System. Examples include but are not limited to chimneys with loose or cracked mortar, damaged siding, faulty counterflashing, or improperly designed or installed gutter or downspout systems.
- Foot traffic on your roof or damage caused by objects (e.g., tree branches) falling on your roof.
- Improper or faulty installation of your roofing products —installation must be in accordance with our written installation instructions and comply with local building codes.
- Shading, or variations in the color of your Owens Corning® Shingle Products or discoloration caused by algae, fungi, lichen, or cyanobacteria (unless covered under the section “What About Algae Resistance” above).
- Damage caused by improper or inadequate roof ventilation or roof drainage, unvented attics, or enclosed roof rafter assemblies.
- Damage caused by, or the cost to repair or replace, any non-Owens Corning® Products, including but not limited to metalwork, counter flashing, failed and/or corroded roof nails, or pipe boots that allow water to enter the structure or Roofing System.
- Damage to the shingles caused by alterations made after completion of the application, including structural changes, equipment or solar panel installation, power washing, painting, or the application of cleaning solutions, coatings, or other modifications.
- Any damage due to debris, resins, or drippings from foliage.
- Improper storage, handling, or other conditions beyond our control.
- Any costs that you incur which are not authorized in advance by Owens Corning.
Family Home Improvements
Protecting your home with a reliable roof is a great investment for any home. With our roof warranty, you can have peace of mind knowing that you’re covered for what’s important. If you’d like to learn more about our warranties or have any questions, give us a call at (562) 464-0684 or click here.